Lotto: Not won
Numbers drawn: 2, 13, 27, 30
3 x €20 winners: Joe Gilsenan, Gabriel Costello, Lisa Lynch
Next week’s jackpot: €1,600
We ask all members to please support the club Lotto. Tickets can be purchased in the Kiltale Clubhouse or shop. If you wish to join our prepaid lottery please contact Emer Lynch (086) 3583455 or Ann Gilsenan (087) 2875070.
Juvenile club fundraiser
The juvenile arm of the club is holding a RACE NIGHT on Friday 20th May at 7.30pm (just after underage training) so put on your jockey/owner/trainer gear, and come in and have a bit of fun.
Lá na gClubanna
Thank you to those who organised the U8/U10 blitzes on Sunday morning in the pitch. Over 100 children between the ages of 7 and 10 took part with Kiltale, Clan na Gael and Drumree. To those parents and committee members that catered for all, thank you for your support and commitment to our underage programme.
Healthy Club Programme: next Thursday, 7:30pm
As part of the GAA’s national Healthy Club programme, of which Kiltale Hurling Club is a part, Croke Park (in conjunction with the club) will have people speaking to players from U16 up on Health and Wellbeing, Nutrition, Improving Performance and Mental Strength. The talks will take place next Thursday, May 19th, at 7:30pm.
All Hurling & Camogie Players from U16 up are asked to please attend. At a later date there will be talks to the underage and the parents on different topics.
The photographs that were on display in the clubhouse are been newly framed with the assistance of Noel Keating – thank you Noel. If you have old club photos you would like to have hung in clubhouse, please bring them down and leave them in an envelope with Liz Phelan’s or Ann Gilsenan’s name on them behind the bar. Please also leave your own name, so that Liz and Ann can return the original photos to you after getting a copy made.
Best of luck…
Kiltale Hurling & Camogie Club wishes the best of luck to all in the coming weeks:
- Those making their Holy Communion and Confirmation: God bless you all.
- To the Kiltale Players representing the club on the Meath senior hurling team – David Donoghue and Shane McGann – the very best of luck in the Christy Ring Cup semi-final. Meath take on Kildare in Newbridge on Sunday 22nd May at 2:30pm. The very best of luck to mentors and players.
- Best of luck also to our lads on the Meath minor football panel – Brian O’Reilly, Conor Harnan and Adam Murphy – who take on Dublin in the Leinster MFC quarter-final on Saturday 21st May at 3pm in Navan. The very best of luck to mentors and players.
Membership for 2016
There are only but a few members left outstanding. To those who have paid their membership to date thank you very much.
Membership officer Janet Lenihan (086 0559152) is attending most training sessions during the week (Tuesday and Friday between 8pm and 9.15pm) and the club are most grateful to her for taking on this task.
2015 membership was paid in full by players/mentors and families and we acknowledge this with thanks. For 2016 we will ask the same and with the assistance of the membership officer and all concerned.
- Senior Full Adult (player with voting rights) €100
- Over 18 and Studying (player with voting rights) €60
- Single Juvenile U18 (no voting rights) €60
- Family Membership in conjunction with Kiltale Camogie Club (2 adults and children in full-time education) €180.
If availing of option 4, please list names of people in your family that you wish to be registered with the Hurling club. Upon registration members over 18 years of age are entitled to vote at General meetings of the Club in accordance with the Official Hurling Rules.
- Full membership (with voting rights) €80
- If you are presently paying €15 monthly direct debit to the hurling club development fund this is your membership fee. To be registered, complete a membership form.
- Social Club Membership – for use of walking track/facilities (no voting rights) €50
Kiltale Clubhouse AGM
This will take place at 6.30pm on Sunday 29th May in Kiltale Clubhouse. All members welcome.
Strictly Come Dancing – contestants needed!
The club’s major fundraiser for 2016 will be Strictly Come Dancing – which will take place on Saturday 3rd December in Trim GAA Centre.
A dance and choreographic teacher have now been selected, so now it’s up to the dancers… if you are interested, contact details will be given for the committee organising this event in the coming weeks.
Support the Clubhouse
The Clubhouse is available for parties/functions – contact our new bar manager Maurice Finegan at 085 7281437 or firstname.lastname@example.org for bookings.
Come and join us for a friendly drink during the week or over the weekends, watch the sport on TV over a drink, or hold your family function or meetings in the Clubhouse. Your support is very much appreciated and we would ask you to continue to remember to call in. You are the Clubhouse – we need you all to support it.
- Sunday 15th May – The Sandman – 8pm-10.30pm
- Sunday 29th May – Cyril & Ray – 8pm-10.30pm
- EURO 2016 – Come and view all Ireland matches in the Clubhouse
We ask all to PLEASE consider the Clubhouse for functions/meeting and keep this vital HUB of our community open.