Lotto: Not won
Numbers drawn: 7, 12, 28, 29
3 x €20 winners: Adam Bannon, Ann O’Neill, Phil Geraghty
Next week’s jackpot: €2,000
If you wish to purchase prepaid Lotto for 10, 20 or 52 weeks, contact Ann Gilsenan at 087 2875070 or Emer Lynch at 086 3583455. As this is the main income which the club use for the running of the club we would ask you to please support.
Club membership 2018
It’s now possible to pay your club dues for 2018 online – just click on the button to the right of the website, or the ‘Join Online’ link at the top of the page. All membership fees are to be paid by March 21st.
Membership officer: Orla O’Sullivan, 086 8171044
Major fundraiser 2018: an invitation
The Club are hosting a 24-hour “Walk 2 Talk” Walkathon on the May bank holiday weekend.
24 leaders are been sought, so we have one team walking every hour. Teams can be made up of 5 to 15 people. Every team will be requested to bring a selected sum of money. Each hour will have a different theme (‘family’ or ‘fancy dress’, for example).
We hope the event will involve all in the parish, young and old. All proceeds from one designated hour will be given to a chosen charity, with every other club in the county being asked to nominate one person (and provide a donation) for that hour.
Remaining funds will be put towards the running of the club and to assist in the plans for the development in 2018. While the outstanding Lotto grant will cover renovation of the dressing rooms and fencing off the second pitch, other funds will be required for the other development of the grounds.
An invitation: Friday 23rd February at 9pm
- We ask anyone interested, or who has said she will enter a team in the 24-hour walkathon, to come and meet the committee and begin the process for this great fundraiser and social event!
- We require 24 leaders – one for each hour – and at least 10 people to join their team and walk in each hour. We also require a team to help us with the promotion of the event on social media.
- On the night the club will inform all what the 24 hours entail, and what sort of fundraising we hope to receive from each team.
- We have a hurling club
- A walking/running track
- A Hurling Wall
- 2 adult pitches which need developing
- A juvenile pitch which needs developing
- Dressing room which will be done up as part of lotto grant
- Lighting that needs to be maintained and improved – the list is endless, but money is needed to run it all!
This sort of event has only previously done in one other GAA club – it was a great social 24 hours for their parish, as well as a great fundraiser, and we ask you all to please come along on Friday night at 9pm and support us.
Please come along and be part of this great event, on Friday night at 9pm in the clubhouse.
At some stage during the 24-hour walk or before the event TV3 will cover the proceedings – we thank those associated with TV3 for the promotion of the fundraiser.
Kiltale is a Healthy Club
Start off 2018 with a healthy step. Each small step can lead to a big step! Just like a problem: share the load – walk and talk – we are all here to listen.
- Boost your mood with healthy food – Eating a healthy balanced diet is proven to have a positive impact on your mental health
- Keeping Active is a winning tactic – Getting regular exercise is proven to have a positive impact on your mental health and wellbeing
- Drink Less – enjoy the night, socialise with fun, and drink less – you will have good nights and mornings
Bingo has resumed in the clubhouse every Tuesday night in the clubhouse at 8:30pm SHARP. Please support this is a social outing for young and old and vital for some people to get out and meet people.
The club’s online store at ONeills.com has been refreshed with some all new merchandise! Be sure to visit at https://www.oneills.com/shop-by-team/gaa/ireland/kiltale-hurling-club.html.
Support the Clubhouse
- Pop down and watch Ireland continue their Six Nations campaign on the big screen!
Contact Carmel Bennett – 086 3770763.
The club house is a very important facility in our parish and always needs support. Like other clubs we don’t want to know what it is to be without it. Drop in for a drink or an ESSENSCE Coffee or think about using the facility for a party or meeting.
We appreciate your support and value the custom you all give.